Monday, February 25, 2008

Back-seat driver

Jackson is a brilliant boy. He has mastered the concept of "red means stop, green means go." As a result, my 3-year-old has become a back-seat driver, SCREAMING "stop!" from his car seat when he sees a red light. Unfortunately, he hasn't quite figured out which stoplight goes with which lane of traffic. For example, if we're driving through a green light but he sees a red turn arrow, he truly FREAKS OUT and screams for me to stop, certain that we're running the light. After I recover from his significant volume and the shrill of his voice, I laugh out loud at my poor little boy's plight. In addition to not understanding which light goes with which lane, he has limited visibility in his car seat. It's freaking hilarious.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

That is hilarious.....

Ang said...

Oh gosh, I'm still laughing!!!

Rachel Ure said...

Tayson does the same thing- sorta- anytime we stop he says " green means go! GO mom!" he will look for any green light- or any green thing- to prove that it's time to get rolling. Perhaps he is a little impatient like his mom.