Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The latest...

It's been a busy couple of weeks! This stay-at-home-mom thing is pretty unbelievable, first because it's such a treat to have so much time with my kids, and second because I'm unbelievably busy and exhausted! In addition to indulging my children, I'm also consulting with several public relations and marketing firms and picking up the slack at Scott's ad agency. More on that later. For now, I'm just happy to report that this (almost) full-time mom-thing is working out well!

In the time since I quit my job, we have have made the rounds of all of the local kid spots:

  • Bay Area Discovery Museum (three times)
  • Children's Fairyland
  • Exploratorium
  • Urban Recess (at least a half-dozen times)
  • My Gym (same - at least once or twice a week)
  • Alta Plaza park (FABULOUS park at Steiner & Jackson)
  • Walter Haas park
  • Potrero Hill park
  • California Pizza Kitchen (twice - it's my fave)
  • Boston Market
  • Kids Cuts (awesome - though not cheap - kids hair salon with a gigantic play area attached to the salon - great tool for bribing your child to sit still!)

Tomorrow promises to be an equally fun day for the kids, as we are heading to the lab for a lead-level blood test. I will have the fun task of restraining both children while the phlebotomist draws their blood. Anyone who knows my kids knows they have a little extra chub, thus rendering it nearly impossible to find a vein with the first poke. I'm dreading this... I'm packing a bag of M&Ms to feed Jackson during his ordeal (much like sugar cubes for a sick horse). Abby will get over it in five seconds. She doesn't yet have a negative association with needles. Yuck.


Jack and his girlfriend, Stella, at the Exploratorium

Scott & Abby at Children's Fairyland - she was laughing hysterically, but I couldn't manage to capture her giggles on film. At least Scott's hand looks super-cool.

Jackson at the Discovery Museum

Abby at the Discovery Museum - what's that look on her face?!

Jackson at Alta Plaza park

Abby at Alta Plaza
Jackson at Kids Cuts

Abby - finally enough hair for pigtails - kind of!

5 comments:

Joey said...

Katy - congrats on the travels. Here is my neophite attempt at a family blog: http://web.mac.com/smilenj/Site/Baby_Blog/Baby_Blog.html

Give me a call when you get a chance.

Joey

Rachel Ure said...

Nice to her you are surviving the new life. I miss alta plaza park- and mostly i miss meeting you there. Derid and i both have suddenly been feeling home sick for san francisco ( could it have anything to do with the icy weather outside?). I think it has more to do with the people and thh cool things to do. I also miss the urban excitement. oh well. we will just have to visit as soon as time and $ permit.

Courtney said...

I can't believe Abigail! she has grown up so much, I can't get over her hair and how you can put it in pig tails...she is the cutest thing ever and of course so is Jackson. I miss you Katy, hope things are well.

Unknown said...

...& i thot i was the neat freak! looking at your pantry i've got competition. love what u'v done w it & Abby's hair. Aaaw... chunkaliscious indeed! I miss u guys... xo

Unknown said...

hey i forgot to mention... who's this li'l cutie pie stealing my chunky li'l boyfriend jacki right from under me nose?! nuh uh ... not ok. I staked my claim on li'l jackster when he was all of 2-3 months old! where's the loyalty.. the lllove.. the drool? ;-) tons a x to my li'l hunk a chunk & his edible li'l sis...