Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sad Abby...

So, my dad asked me yesterday if Abby ever smiles anymore. He lives in Wyoming and doesn't have the opportunity to see her on a regular basis. We send lots of photos to make sure he doesn't miss a pound or an inch!

Lately, Abby has been less than thrilled with the camera. As such, every photo my dad receives is similar to the shot below. Unlike her diva brother, she doesn't enjoy posing for a camera while numerous adults shout "smile!" while making stupid faces and loud noises. Instead, she assumes a blank expression, like "why are all of my big people acting like such idiots?" She also becomes very curious about the camera itself - we have several pictures of Abby reaching for the lens.

In any case, this post is intended to prove that, yes, Abby DOES indeed smile. The second picture was taken on Easter. The blue thing on her cheek is a sticker. I'm pleased to report she's a giggly, happy girl (when she's not screaming bloody murder, that is).


3 comments:

Unknown said...

aaargh!!! can i just get a tinsey winsey nibble of those humungous pink cheeks?!! pretty please? too, too cute... muuaah

Babata said...

Hi Katie,
I stumbled on your blog through Allison's. Your kids are beautiful! I also read your older post about quitting your job. I know that must have taken a lot of courage! Congratulations!

Racheal said...

Smile or no smile.....she's a doll!