Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Fun day with my boy!
Jackson on a hay ride at the pumpkin patch.
Jackson with his "respectable" pumpkin.

I LOVE Halloween! Last week, I accompanied Jackson's preschool class to a pumpkin patch here in the city. The kids were instructed to choose any pumpkin they'd like - as long as they were able to carry their selection to the cash register for purchase! Jackson experimented with numerous pumpkins, sweating and struggling with great drama, "it's too heavy, Mama!" He selected a teeny tiny pumpkin (about the size of a softball) and was quite pleased with his choice, but I couldn't let him be the wimpy kid in class. I talked him into a respectable, yet manageable, pumpkin, which we'll carve later this week.

We also took a hay ride through the pumpkin patch. Jackson was BESIDE HIMSELF with ecstasy! He is such a BOY.

This is the best part - tonight, Scott and I won Halloween costumes for both kids on eBay. Have you ever heard of Tom Arma costumes? Apparently, they're all the rage. Do a search on eBay and you'll see what I mean. I'm sure I would have been happy with any old costume - until I stumbled upon Tom Arma's white tiger costume, perfect for my perfectly pink baby girl. We were up against 15 bidders. Any of you who use eBay can imagine our anxiety, as Scott and I were willing to SELL our third child (no, I'm not pregnant) in order to win that costume! In the last three seconds - literally - Scott placed the winning bid, causing us to jump up and down with glee (sadly, we undoubtedly ruined the nights of the 14 other bidders).

We did the same thing with an auction for Tom Arma's polar bear costume for Jackson - placed a bid in the last three seconds and won! Jackson now has three costumes for Halloween, as Scott and I were both bidding on different costumes on eBay (unbeknownst to one another). We won the Tom Arma monkey costume from some poor sap who had listed under "Tony" rather than "Tom" Arma.

It's 8:30 p.m. and I'm ready for bed. Too much excitement for one night.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You will definately have to take pictures of the kids while they are in those amazing costumes!

Racheal said...

Yeah!!! It'a always a victory for an ebay goody!You guys are too funny!! I can't wait to see pictures of your cuties!

Rachel Ure said...

how funny. this post could be in a parents magazine or something. it captures the thrills of parenting in this new age. you are a great writer too. i am lucky if my sentences are discernable between my spelling errors and loose train of thought...