Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween...Roar!

Halloween was fun, but - whew - am I glad it's over! We were committed to getting our money's worth out of the kids' 8-zillion-dollar costumes, and that we did. I break a sweat at the mere memory of maneuvering their impatient arms and legs into their costumes!

Jackson had the opportunity to wear his monkey and tiger costumes several times. And while he liked the polar bear at first blush, it was too itchy and bulky to wear much longer than five minutes...good thing the camera was handy! Jackson was HILARIOUS in all of his costumes. He roared loudly and incessantly. I think he liked the tiger best - simply because it provided the most roar opportunities. He did try out a fierce growl while donning the monkey, but it didn't go over quite as well. It confused his friends at preschool (don't monkeys say "ooh ooh ahh ahh?") and it likely annoyed their parents!

Abby was absurdly beautiful in her white tiger costume. The colors perfectly complented her pink cheeks and rosy lips while a fringe of white-blonde hair peeked out from beneath her hat (is it obvious that I'm in love with my girl?). She was thrilled to be dressed up, but my OCD was flaring hotly, as she insisted on crawling over various filthy surfaces (i.e. gymnasium floors) in her pristine white costume - the one I had decided was more important than her college education! I picked it up from the dry cleaner today...I haven't inspected it closely, as I'm afraid a few of the smudges didn't come out.

The day after Halloween was one for the record books. Read: exhausted after a late, late night (the kids went to bed at 10:30 p.m.) compounded by a sugar crash much like a drug-addict's withdrawal.

Click on the first image below to see the animation of Jackson roaring in his tiger costume!



Roaring polar bear.


Sweet polar bear - I love his tootsies in this picture!




Jackson as Dash Incredible last year - he thought Dash should roar, too!



Most precious baby girl...now taking her first steps unassisted!




Unbelievably sweet mug.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your kiddos are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

Racheal said...

Your kids are so stinking cute! I love the Roar picture, classic Jackson!I feel the same about the sugar rush at our house...Not a fun scene!

Cruzer said...

Okay, when is Scott gonna book the two of them into a photo shoot for an ad layout or commercial??? They're ADORABLE Katy.