Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My LEAST favorite product this week.

Oh, goodness...what a day we had yesterday! I put Jackson down for a nap around 1:30. I shut his door and walked into my office to work, as usual. Around 3 p.m., I heard some racket in his room and figured he was playing - not sleeping. Scott happened to be home at that time, so I asked him to go into Jack's room and put him back in his bed.

From my office, I heard Scott say/yell, "Jackson, what are you doing?!" I walked in to find that Jackson had undertaken an art project of massive proportions: he was painting. His canvas? His bedroom and all of its contents. His medium? AQUAPHOR! He had smeared two jars of the thick, gooey, greasy stuff all over his carpet, his bed, his furniture (including INSIDE the drawers and cabinets), the doors, the walls, his potty, etc.

Scott and I stood in shocked silence, eyeing the damage, for several minutes before we attempted to clean up. Mere water doesn't make a dent with Aquaphor...we had to bring out the big guns. Scott found a heavy duty degreaser/cleaner called Nature's Orange among our household cleaning products. That seemed to do the trick, though I have since discovered several Aquaphor globs we missed yesterday (not a pleasant discovery, mind you). We didn't even attempt to clean his rug, as it's covered with a thick layer of the stuff (did I mention this rug was custom-made for Jackson's room?). We've scheduled a carpet-cleaning service for Friday morning.

Needless to say, Aquaphor is not my favorite product at the moment. What's funny, though, is that we used Aquaphor on Jack's bum last night before bed...only a few hours after finding our little Picaso and his Aquaphor masterpiece. It is the BEST product for healing diaper rash and skin irritations. We originally discovered it after Jackson contracted rotavirus a couple of years ago. His sweet tushy took a serious ravaging, but it healed up right away once we began using Aquaphor. It's great for use on a child's bum...but not for children's hands.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Katy, that is so sad...and funny at the same time....I do have to say that Weston had the rotavirus too and we used Aquaphore (sp?) a lot too! It is a great product for that...maybe I will put the Aquaphore far far away from him in so we don't have the same thing happen to us:) I still think Jackson is adroable...he reminds me of what Weston is going to be as he gets older!

Cruzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cruzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cruzer said...

Katy, omg, I'm so GLAD that I discovered your blog site!! a) no longer do I have to call Spring to pry updates from him only to hear back from him every 2.5 years... (j/K! LOL...) But b) I LOVE your writing!! It's awesome to read the antics, joy and more about Jack n' Abby. Love it. Love you guys. Still can't wait to meet the little ones.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! ... hahahahahaha... sorry sweets... I feel your pain but more so from the stitch I have in my side laughing my insides out coz I cud totally picture my li'l boy jacki turning picasso!!! Its got to be a lil boy thing. Although as a child/baby I was quite a handful myself. Me thinks, I was way too tomboyish for my poor mother's peace of mind. My dadoo was cool - get the gutsyness from him. But doll, Jacki is just too flippin' cute! What's more amazing is that this mischief is truly innocent and not done becoz the child's got a mean streak. What's the plan for Abby munchkin's & my boyfriend JD's b'day/s? Miss u all & love u all... xo... Anj